Monday, April 29, 2013

Switching Out Diet Soda for Fruit Infused Water

So I gave up diet soda 2 weeks ago today. I was a serious junkie- I'm talking 4 or 5 diet sodas/day. It's a wonder I was able to lose 55 pounds while still drinking it to that extreme. I decided to give it up because it's horrible for you and I knew all along that it was. I just kept telling myself that I was making so many other healthy changes that drinking soda wasn't going to kill me. There are worst things I could put into my body. Well, there are but that's still such a lame excuse. I'm not going to go on and on about why diet soda is bad for you. I think we all know by now that it is and you can do your own research if you want to know.

I went cold turkey and I was amazed at how easy it was! What helped me the most was throwing myself into my new addiction: fruit-infused water. It is SO good for you and it tastes really good and I am having so much fun trying new flavors. You can check out my Vitamin Water Pinterest board here. I have pinned a lot of really great recipes. My favorite so far and the most refreshing is cucumber mint. I also love raspberry lemon. I put all of the fruit (sliced thin) in the bottom of a big pitcher and top it with water and let it chill overnight. The flavors from the fruit come out into the water and the result is pretty much amazing.

Here are some benefits of drinking fruit-infused water (or even just plain water):
-Being hydrated improves your health and naturally flushes toxins out of your body
-Water keeps your skin plump and elastic (because who likes wrinkles?!)
-Water fights bloating
-Fruit-infused water makes drinking water more enjoyable because it has flavor
-There are natural antioxidants and vitamins from the fruit
-Drinking water speeds up your metabolism

Since switching to water, I feel so much more energetic, happy, my mind is clearer and my skin looks really good. I was having major breakouts on my face and that is now pretty much gone.

I hope I have inspired some of you to try fruit-infused water! You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment