Friday, February 7, 2014

14-Day Cleanse Results and Recipes


I survived! Not only did I survive, but I fell in love with this way of eating and I haven't felt this good in a long time. In 14 days, I lost 8.5 pounds and 2.5 inches from my waist and 2 inches from my hips. My energy level is high and I kicked my artificial sweetener habit. For those who didn't read my blog last week, I did the Dr. Oz 2-week Rapid Weight Loss Diet/Cleanse. It's no wheat, no sugar, no dairy and no caffeine or artificial sweeteners. It sounds like hell on earth but once you get past the first few days (the withdrawal phase), it's smooth sailing. You can read about it here. I modified it to suit me, so I skipped the detox baths and the daily broth. Instead of the smoothie for breakfast I had a hard boiled egg, a piece of chicken sausage and a few strawberries or I would eat some of the awesome muffins I made using alternatives to wheat flour and sugar (I'll share some recipes). These past 2 weeks have taught me a whole new way of cooking and I've had so much fun trying new recipes. I'll share some of them with you.

These muffins are so good. Check out the recipe here. I used almond meal/flour (Bob's Red Mill brand from Walmart) instead of coconut flour and I used 1/4 cup of natural applesauce instead of coconut oil. These came to 100 calories each and 5 grams of fat.

These apple cinnamon muffins are to die for. You can find the recipe here
I added chopped pecans and I'm glad I did. Amazing.

This butternut squash soup is really good and super healthy. 
I skipped the carrots since they're high glycemic index. Recipe here.

This soup is my favorite. I skipped the carrots and added 1 tsp. of curry powder. Yum! Recipe here.

This is something I threw together. Kind of like a ratatouille with chicken added. I sauteed the diced chicken breast in grapeseed oil and then removed it once cooked. I then sauteed onions, zucchini, eggplant and fresh garlic. Once they were cooked, I added the diced tomato, italian dressing seasoning (I used Wildtree brand) and about 2 TBS of chopped fresh basil and I put the cooked chicken back in and let it simmer covered for about 5 minutes. I had mine over 1/2 cup of brown rice and my husband had it over whole wheat pasta. 

I made this taco bowl to satisfy my craving for Mexican food. It's ground turkey, sauteed onions and peppers and rotel tomatoes, topped with green onions. I used a little Wildtree taco seasoning on the ground turkey. I had it over brown rice and my husband and kids ate it in tortillas. 

I love spicy stuff, so this is one of my go-to favorites. Sauteed zucchini, onions and eggplant over brown rice
with Frank's Red Hot. I did miss the blue cheese a little bit, but it was definitely good!

The picture says it all. YUM. Recipe here.

That's all I have for now, but I will definitely be posting new recipes as I try them. I love this way of eating and I will love sharing it with all of you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment