Monday, April 30, 2012

Running. Is. Hard

So I started the Couch to 5K program 2 weeks ago and I'm starting week 3 today. It started off great, only having to run for 60 seconds at a time. I was plugging along feeling confident just KNOWING I could totally run a half marathon if I keep this up. Well onto week 2 and running for 90 seconds at a time. A little harder and the self doubt started creeping in. By Day 3 of last week it was getting a little bit easier. Today I will run 3 minutes straight. To better explain how long its been since I did that, let's just say that Clinton was in office and boy bands were still cool. As much trepidation as I have about it, I'm determined to do it and I don't want to let myself down. I WILL run a 5K this summer. No ifs, ands or buts. It's happenin'. If I'm still alive to tell the story, I'll post about my 3-minute run tomorrow. I leave you with this pic because this is totally how I feel.


1 comment:

  1. You can totally do anything you set your mind to!!! Keep up the good work! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete