Friday, April 27, 2012

Well, I finally did it

Welcome to my new blog about losing weight, eating right, exercise and anything else I feel like writing about because, well, it's my blog. I've been thinking about doing this for a long time and today just felt like the day. 

I have struggled with my weight since college, but especially since having my daughter in 2006. It's been a constant yo-yo and I have tried SO many different diets and pills (more posts about that later). I have tried every shortcut known to man so that I didn't have to actually do the work to lose weight and keep it off. I finally figured out what my problem was. I was focused too much on a single number on the scale and when it didn't happen fast enough, I would just give up. 

My new grown-up mommy goal is to be HEALTHY. I want to be around as long as I can for my kids. I will go more into how I'm doing it in future posts. I've lost 33 lbs. since having my son last May. I know that's not a monumental number, but I feel doing it slow and steady will definitely win you your ultimate goal- whether it be years onto your life or wearing a bikini again after years in a 1-piece. Whatever your reasons are for doing it, do it right and don't give up. 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Kaci! Love this idea......so proud of you and your accomplishment with your quest to be healthy!

    ReplyDelete